As is nearly always the case that people make new resolutions for the new year, I did some research on how I could meet my goals for 2012 and I thought I might share what I learned. They are simple goals you could add to your list of resolutions and if you achieve them, I am sure you will feel really good about yourself at the end of the year and that feeling could propel you to take ‘harder’ resolutions for the coming year. Here we go;
1. Create – and stick to – a realistic budget: Keeping track of your expenditure helps you remain responsible and focused. Using a simple tool like Mint can help you remain within limits which will save you the headache and fuss should you overspend.
2. Get some training: Perhaps the reason why you are not getting where you want to get to is because you do not have the requisite skill or knowledge. This could mean you going back to school or taking a professional course or even a free on-line course.
3. Make new friends: This is fairly simple. People can infect with you with positive energy, imagination and talents. So if you think you haven’t been operating at the level you ought to be, I suggest you look for new people in your life. A word of caution though, be very careful who you let into your life as friends because the wrong people can only make things worst for you – negative people will leave you drained off the little energy you previously had, not to mention the criminally motivated ‘friends’.
4. Keep your home clean: Keeping your surroundings neat, tidy and organised can be really gratifying. Start with organising one room at a time and with time it’ll become a habit.
5. Start working out: You don’t need to register with a gym right away. I suggest you start with a 10minute brisk walk, then after a week you could start with some light running.
6. Learn a new skill: Whether its learning to code, learning to cook, or learning to play guitar, we all have one or two skills we’ve been itching to learn. Chances are, you can probably get a good head start in just a few days, and it isn’t as daunting as you think it is.
7. Eat healthier: This is really easy. It’s important to eat lots of vegetables and fruits as they provide super important nutrients to our bodies so next time you order your meal make sure you add some vegies and fruits. And oh, don’t forget to drink a lot of water also, at least 8 glasses a day. This help cleans your system of all the waste in your body.